Final List of Candidates
SAF National Board of Trustees
January 10, 2017
The Elections Committee proudly announces the final list of candidates for the elections of the National Board of Trustees.
Dr. Nasser Ani, NJ
Chairman of SAF
Mr. Salah Asfoura, MA
In addition to other activities, I hosted two events in Worcester, Massachusetts and enrolled more than half of the New England Chapter.
Dr. Eyad Salloum, MA
When it comes to Syria, we should spare no effort.
Dr. Yazan Khatib, FL
Passionate Supporter of Dialogue and win-win solutions, I firmly believe that the solution to the Syrian Crisis must learn from the unfortunate outcome of foreign intervention in Iraq & Libya, and at this point focus first on fighting terror, restoring security & peace, and preserving the Syrian Institutions. I have traveled several times to Syria since the onset of the crisis. I pledge to uphold the mission statement of SAF and make it an inclusive organization for all.
Dr. Ghias Moussa, NJ
Lifetime political activist, carries Syria in heart
Mr. Jihad Karraz, RI
Ms. Wafa Rumman MAED, FL
“Wafa Rumman is a mature, dynamic woman who is capable of almost anything. She is responsible, self-starting, diligent, and knowledgeable in many areas. She is articulate, formidable and quite a diplomatic person. Wafa completes anything she sets out to do. She is respected for her ability to speak before groups and organizing them. I heartily recommend her as a leader and team player”.
I am humbled by his words and I am honored to serve on Syrian American Forum Board of Trustees.
Mr. Bassam Moussa, PA
As a longtime community organizer, I am of the firm belief that we should all unite and have one strong voice in order to be effective for our mother country, Syria.
Mr. Bashar Jarkasy, MA
SAL Donations for Relief in Aleppo
“Aleppo won. Yet we have just begun to realize the gravity of our pain and losses of homes and factories”.
These are the words used by the Chairman of Saint Vincent de Paul Association, Mr. Joseph Ahmar Dakno, in his letter of Thanks addressed to the Syrian American Forum, which worked alongside our sister organization the Syrian American League (SAL), to collect and send $17,875 to Saint Vincent de Paul.
SAL and SAF express their gratitude to all members and friends who participated in this campaign through direct donation or help.
We also would like here to express our gratitude to Dr. Eyad Salloum for his leadership and extraordinary efforts with SAF members and friends to raise this amount and send it to Saint Vincent de Paul.
"انتصرت حلب ولكن بدأنا الآن نصحو على جراحنا وألمنا وأهوال خسائرنا في المنازل والمعامل التي لم يتبق منها إلا أكوام الحجارة والأتربة. نعم انتصرنا على الإرهاب ولكن لا زال الإرهاب يعيش بيننا كخلايا نائمة".
بهذه الكلمات شكرت جمعية القديس منصور دي بول الخيرية "المنتدى السوري الأميركي" (ساف) الذي عمل مع ذراعه الخيرية "الجمعية السورية الأميركية" (سال) لجمع وإرسال تبرعات للمحتاجين في حلب وقيمتها 17,875 دولار.
مرفق رسالة رئيس مجلس إدارة جمعية القديس منصورجوزف أحمر دقنو عن هذه التبرعات ونشاطات جمعيته.
وتتوجه سال وساف بالشكر الجزيل لكل من ساهم في هذه الحملة وتبرع بما أمكن للمساعدة في تخفيف معاناة أهلنا في حلبوتتوجه سال وساف بالشكر الجزيل لكل من ساهم في هذه الحملة وتبرع بما أمكن للمساعدة في تخفيف معاناة أهلنا في حلب
ونحن بدورنا نتوجه بالتقدير للدكتور إياد سلوم على جهوده مع أعضاء المنتدى وأصدقائه لجمع هذا المبلغ وإرساله إلى جمعية القديس منصور دي بول.
Biennial Elections of SAF Board of Trustees
In preparation for the elections of the Board of Trustees of the Syrian American Forum, the Elections Committee would like to announce the following:
- The elections will be held on January 21-22, 2017. Voting will be online through a third party platform.
- The Board of Trustees consists of SEVEN members; SIX to be elected directly by the members in good standing while the seventh will be the coordinator of the chapters’ presidents.
- All members in good standing as of December 31st, 2016 have the right to vote.
- The committee will verify the nominees and prepare a final list to be distributed before the election date.
- The voting members will have a minimum of TEN days to research the nominees and decide on their choices.
- Every voting member will elect up to SIX of the nominees.
- The chapters’ elections will follow; the elected chapters’ board members will meet and elect their respective officers.
- The elected presidents of the chapters will meet and form the Committee of Presidents of the Chapters.
- The elected presidents of the chapters will elect a coordinator of their committee.
- The coordinator will become the seventh member of the National Board of Trustees.
- The new National Board of Trustees will immediately meet and elect its officers.
We wish everybody a joyous Holiday Season and a peaceful New Year to our mother country, Syria.
Nov 17, 2016