Biennial Elections of SAF Board of Trustees
In preparation for the elections of the Board of Trustees of the Syrian American Forum, the Elections Committee would like to announce the following:
- The elections will be held on January 21-22, 2017. Voting will be online through a third party platform.
- The Board of Trustees consists of SEVEN members; SIX to be elected directly by the members in good standing while the seventh will be the coordinator of the chapters’ presidents.
- All members in good standing as of December 31st, 2016 have the right to vote.
- The committee will verify the nominees and prepare a final list to be distributed before the election date.
- The voting members will have a minimum of TEN days to research the nominees and decide on their choices.
- Every voting member will elect up to SIX of the nominees.
- The chapters’ elections will follow; the elected chapters’ board members will meet and elect their respective officers.
- The elected presidents of the chapters will meet and form the Committee of Presidents of the Chapters.
- The elected presidents of the chapters will elect a coordinator of their committee.
- The coordinator will become the seventh member of the National Board of Trustees.
- The new National Board of Trustees will immediately meet and elect its officers.
We wish everybody a joyous Holiday Season and a peaceful New Year to our mother country, Syria.
Nov 17, 2016